During my racing years, I was very fortunate to be supported by some very impressive companies and people. This support made it possible for me to chase my cyclo-cross racing dreams without having to worry about essentials like bikes, wheels, pedals, food, clothing, transportation and living costs – basically everything I needed. Yes, I was very lucky to have this support.
In the last couple of years, I haven’t been racing but some of these companies have continued to provide me with products and gear. This has been a real treat – I’ve been able to test out the latest nutrition offerings from Clif Bar, wear some very snazzy casual clothing thanks to Lolë, get comfortable on a mountain bike again thanks to Opus and OGC, and always have what I need to keep me riding and skiing thanks to The Cyclery.
So, in thinking ahead to the holidays, how about visiting some of these fine companies to do your holiday shopping? And to make things easier for you – I’ve put together a little holiday gift guide for you:
For the foodie in your life (and the very hungry cyclist) – check out my fave Clif Bar products:
- Dark Chocolate Almond Coconut Clif Mojo Bar (yes as good as it sounds)
- Peanut Butter Kit’s Organic Fruit and Nut Bar (dates, peanuts, almonds and sea salt – that’s it!)
- Chocolate Peppermint Stick Luna Bar (oh so good and perfect for this time of the year)
For the fashionista on your list (or maybe for yourself) – you don’t want to miss these must-haves from Lolë:
- Lily Tote Bag (I have this bag in red – it is fantastic)
- Ponder 2 Top (100% merino wool top that does double-duty as a base layer or fashion forward layering piece)
- Refresh Pants (I have two pairs of these – perfect for yoga, relaxing at the coffee shop and pulling on after a good ride or ski)
For the cyclist in your life, check out these new Opus bikes for 2014:
- Fhast 1.0 29er (I have the 2013 version of this bike – it has rekindled my love of trails and big rocks!)
- Dash 12″ (how awesome is this little bike for your little cyclist)
- Ivanna Women (this is the city bike that works wherever you need to go)
For the skier and winter cycling fanatic, The Cyclery has your gift-giving needs covered:
- Madshus skis (I have Madshus skis and I have to say that these skis are fast and durable)
- Stages Power Meter (you will be number one if you choose this power meter for your favourite cyclist)
- Giro gear (Giro is my number one choice when it comes to helmets and gloves)
A big thank you for all the support I’ve received over the years. I’m honoured to have such fine companies providing me with access to their latest and greatest products.