It is easy to forget about the little things that make a big difference in the grand scheme of things:
- Riding and not worrying about watts.
- A friendly chat with a stranger in line at the ATM machine on a busy Saturday afternoon at the grocery store.
- Friends coming together to help out someone in a tough time.
- Listening to voicemail from wee little Henry (my 2.5 year old nephew) – that kid has stolen my heart.
- Seeing Marc’s face light up when he talks about his young team mates.
- Time to sit and read.
- Peanut butter.
- Smiles and laughter.
- Riding with a young speedster and enjoying a coffee shop stop on a hot Saturday day.
At first glance it might seem that this post is not related to bike racing or training but if you look between the lines – you just might see that these little things really do make a big difference in how you ride your bike. We all find inspiration and courage in different ways and places. Count yourself lucky if you can put together a list of “your little things”.